You could be Carroll County’s next business success story.
The 3rd Annual Carroll Biz Challenge is back! Now through October 19, the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce invites entrepreneurs to submit their new business ideas at www.carrollbizchallenge.com. It is FREE to apply, and all applicants will make great connections and get loads of publicity.The goal of the contest is to inspire innovation and entrepreneurship in Carroll County, MD by providing local entrepreneurs an accessible opportunity to get noticed, get connected, get better and get started.
Visit the website to learn more, register, and apply: www.carrollbizchallenge.com
It’s like American Idol meets Shark Tank.
Finalists will pitch in front of our panel of expert judges and live audience at Cre-a-TV Studios in Eldersburg on Thursday November 20. With a $5,000 Grand Prize, $2,500 DowntownAward, $500 People’s Choice Award, and Big Idea Award, there’s a lot at stake for our local entrepreneurs!
Want to learn more?
A great place for entrepreneurs to start is with one of our free online information sessions. Attendees will walk away with valuable information about the contest, and resources that are
available to entrepreneurs in Carroll County. Click the dates below for more details or to RSVP for a session.
Startup Local Workshops
Our Startup Local Workshops are a great way to find out what it takes to start and grow a business in Carroll County. New and aspiring entrepreneurs are invited to join Jason Stambaugh, Founder and CEO of Startup Local, as he shares information about startup business fundamentals, local small business resources, and additional info about the Carroll Biz Challenge.
- 9/17, 7pm – 8pm @ Eldersburg Library (6400 Hemlock Drive, Eldersburg, MD 21784)
- 9/22, 7pm – 8pm @ Westminster Library (50 East Main Street, Westminster, MD 21157)
- 9/25, 7pm – 8pm @ North Carroll Branch Library (2255 Hanover Pike, Hampstead, MD 21074)
- 10/1, 7pm – 8pm @ Mt. Airy Library (705 Ridge Avenue, Mount Airy, MD 21771)
Here’s the rest of the events.
In addition to our information sessions and Startup Local Workshops, here are some other important dates to mark on your calendar:
- 10/22, 5pm – Applicant Meet & Greet (invitation only)
- 10/28, 4pm – Finalists announced live during the PM Connection at the Community Media Center (RSVP NOW)
- 11/20, 6pm (4:30pm Cocktail Party) – Carroll Biz Challenge Live Finale at Cre-a-TV Studios in Eldersburg, tickets on sale soon at www.carrollbizchallenge.com!
For more information about eligibility, contest rules, dates, how to apply, how to become a sponsor, (or anything else you can think of), visit www.carrollbizchallenge.com or email Bonnie Nordvedt at email@example.com. Good luck, entrepreneurs!!