At yesterday’s press conference, Governor Hogan added safe and phased reopenings through Stage Two of the ‘Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery’
Stage Two will continue to be implemented with a flexible, community-based approach that allows local leaders to allow reopenings at their discretion.
Read the Governor’s updated executive order.
REOPENINGS EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, JUNE 12 AT 5:00 PM:
- INDOOR DINING. Restaurants can resume indoor operations at 50 percent capacity, with appropriate distancing, and following strict public health requirements consistent with the CDC, FDA, National Restaurant Association, and Maryland Department of Health directives.
- OUTDOOR AMUSEMENTS. Outdoor amusements and rides, including miniature golf and go-kart tracks, may resume with appropriate health and safety protocols. Capacity restrictions at pools will be increased to 50 percent with strict safety guidelines still in place. Guidelines and Best Practices.
SCHOOLS AND CHILD CARE REOPENINGS:
- GRADUATION CEREMONIES. The governor is encouraging local school systems to plan and hold safe outdoor graduation ceremonies with appropriate capacity and social distancing measures in place.
- SCHOOL BUILDINGS. School systems may now begin bringing small groups of students and staff into school buildings. School systems are encouraged to prioritize summer instruction for vulnerable populations. All nonpublic special education schools may reopen to serve students with disabilities.
- CHILD CARE PROVIDERS. All child care providers may begin to reopen, and the number of individuals child care providers can have in one room has been expanded to a maximum of 15.
- OUTDOOR HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS. Outdoor high school sports may begin to resume practice and training activities within the same guidelines that were previously announced for youth sports programs
REOPENINGS EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, JUNE 19 AT 5:00 PM:
- INDOOR FITNESS ACTIVITIES. After an extra week of sanitization and safety preparations, indoor gyms, martial arts, dance, and other indoor studio fitness activities may begin to safely reopen at 50 percent capacity with strict health, distancing, and sanitization measures. Guidelines and Best Practices.
- CASINOS, ARCADES, AND MALLS. Casinos, arcades, and malls may also begin to resume operations with strict safety protocols.