|Westminster, MD, Monday, April 29, 2020 – The Carroll County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to release the final $93,000 available for the Carroll County Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund on April 23rd. The $93,000 will be available to assist 74 additional Carroll County small businesses, including sole proprietors and home-based businesses, with working capital to address disrupted operations due to COVID-19.
|The application portal will open at 5:00 p.m. today, April 29th.
|Businesses must apply online at https://carrollbiz.org and meet the following conditions to be considered for the $1,250 grant:
- Small businesses, including sole proprietors and home-based businesses, established prior to March 5, 2020, with less than 25 employees
- Business must have a Carroll County location and be in good standing with the State of Maryland and Carroll County
- Only one verified business entity per address will be accepted
- No duplicate applications will be accepted
- Eligible uses include working capital to support payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses or other similar expense that occur in the ordinary course of business operations
|The following uses are not eligible for funding:
- Medical service providers
|The following information is necessary to complete the application:
- Federal Tax ID # (EIN). All applicants must provide a Federal EIN number which can easily be obtained here.
- Maryland Department of Assessment and Taxation Department ID # in good standing; records may be reviewed online prior to submitting an application to verify the business is in good standing
- Number of full-time (FTE) employees prior to March 5, 2020
- Business mailing address and description
- Purpose of the request
|Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis with the application portal opening today at 5:00 p.m. at https://carrollbiz.org. Applicants will not be able to access the portal before 5:00 p.m.
|Businesses that applied in phase 1 or phase 2 and received a grant, and/or the application was determined “Not Eligible”, or the business is “Not in Good Standing” with the Maryland Department of Assessment & Taxation, will not be considered for phase 3 of this fund. Once the applicants are verified and approved, pending funding availability, the applicant will receive the grant check by mail.
|Combined with phase 1 of $500,000 and phase 2 of $250,000, the total fund increases to $843,000 to offer working capital to assist 674 Carroll County small businesses, sole proprietors and home-based businesses with disrupted operations due to COVID-19. Grant assistance is intended to provide interim relief to businesses while complementing actions taken with their business interruption insurance, financial institution, as well as federal and state partners.
|Interested businesses should watch for information via the Department of Economic Development website at https://carrollbiz.org, sign up for Carroll Connect and Carroll County Economic Development e-news. No-cost business counseling is also available through the Carroll County Small Business Development Center – please visit https://www.marylandsbdc.org/
|About Carroll County Department of Economic Development
The Carroll County Department of Economic Development is a results-oriented team that creates competitive business solutions. To learn more about the programs or opportunities available in Carroll County email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit https://carrollbiz.org, follow @CarrollEconDev on Twitter or call 410-386-2070.